Sunday 3 May 2015

Week 31: Helping Out

Most of my work is now coming to an end, as the main parts of the UI are done and so are all my assets and texturing. The only thing I can think of that I still need to do is to get a loading screen working properly but at the moment I consider that an extra bonus, therefore this week I've been either working in engine populating the level or just helping other members of my group with texturing.

I really should grab some screenshots of the level as I've spent a large portion of this week placing the various assets and messing around getting the lighting correct. I also was tasked with working in blueprints again to get the camera to pan in during a section of the level. I actually got it to work which really shocked me, unfortunately I couldn't figure out how to get the camera to follow the player during another level section which means it's a draw between me and the blueprints... for now.

A welcome break from blueprinting and engine work was also had, by helping others with texturing. The models below are not mine but the texturing is. Texturing someone elses model is quite a challenge as the unwrap can look very alien when you first get into it.


512

The roughness on the toad might look odd but it gives the model a nice damp effect as the light bounces off it when in engine. Along side the toad I textured the dragonfly that would be buzzing around him, again not my model!

256

I sadly don't have anything else to show related to the Off the Map project as I keep forgetting to create screenshots to show the progress. I did however manage to do another digital figure study, really getting into the routine of doing them now and it feels great!


Despite next week being the final deadline I am quite relaxed yet I don't know why. Most of my work is done but the level still needs some polishing which is what next week will be filled with and as long as that doesn't include blueprints I'll be okay with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment