Sunday 26 October 2014

Week 4: And Relax.

The film room project has, at last, come to an end. In my last blog post I mentioned stress doesn't effect me much but I can say that last weeks work almost had me reaching high stress levels due to me trying to finish the work on time.

The week started off with me texturing the objects for the film room, it was very clear at this stage that the room was not going to be finished so the group prioritized the most prominent objects. I did the couch, chair and foot stall and to be time efficient I used one texture sheet for them all, unwrapping the objects became the slowest part of the process. The lack of time also meant my UV's couldn't be packed as tightly as I wanted.

I really wanted to get the room finished, putting in so much effort for the final thing to be uncomplete felt terrible. The final presentation was also looming in the back of my head because the room wasn't complete, yet thankfully the teachers understood fully the situation our group had got it self into and was overall impressed by the end result, other people in the course were also very supportive of the final room, despite it not being finished.

The final room
The final, spliced with the original shot

The final presentation gave our group plenty of time to review what went wrong, and it's clear that we had spent way too much time concepting, especially for objects that were in plain sight. This then had large repercussions for everything else, to the point that we were messing around in the engine the night before, trying to match the lighting as best we could. Our overall time plan was also far too restricting, with little room for error and not enough time for engine work. Picking a simpler room might have helped too, for 3 people the living room might have been a little too object heavy.




The next project starts on Monday and I will hopefully be able to get into Z-Brush this time around, as I think that would be a great way to push my models further. To help recover from the last week I also picked up Forza Horizon 2, which so far has been amazing, even if I haven't played it as much as I would've liked. Overall though the Film Room project has been quite the learning adventure, just not in the ways I thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment