Sunday 19 October 2014

Week 3: Stress? What stress?!

I am now half way through the film room project and all this week my group have been playing catch-up due to various reasons so thankfully the weekend couldn't have come soon enough, despite this it has been an interesting week.

The average size of the groups for this project is around 4 people, while my group only has 3 members so it would have been logical to have picked a smaller room yet we didn't, the room also is fairly object intensive which doesn't help. 

Our initial plan also had us spend a lot more time concepting than we really needed which was a complete oversight and a waste time. Link this with people in my group being ill and stressed and it meant we we're heavily behind which became clear when we had to do a presentation on our progress. I did really enjoy the presentations though, it was great seeing everyone's work and their ideas and this is something I'd love to see more of, plus I really need more practice in speaking in front of groups!

The concepting stage was great practice, even if it wasn't the best use of time. Below are a few of the concepts I did, with the couch being my personal favourite.


When I realized that time was short I began knocking out models as quickly as I could. I really want to begin exploring Z-Brush, especially after seeing some of the work during our presentations, but this project is already tight on time. It was also while matching everything I had modeled to the picture that I began to notice how much of a wide-angle shot Tarantino had used, as there is some serious perspective distortion on the objects as they get closer to the edge.















Overall this week has looked quite for stressful for some people, and it has been more noticeable in other groups as friendships began to fray, but luckily for me I don't seem to be affected by stress too much. Maybe a lesson on stress management would be useful for some people? Either way this time next week this project should be completed and I will try my hardest to get it done on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment