Wednesday 12 February 2014

Vans & Streets.

A little 3D update now, with some information on what I have been doing over the past couple of weeks. After the Christmas break we were given the project to create a Transit Van in Max, this would be our first vehicle and I was looking forward to having a go at it.

During this period we were also given 2 weeks of intensive workshops for both Visual Design and 3D, I'll be posting up the work from the Visual Design when I've worked on it a little bit more so for now I'll just show what I did during the 3D week. The entire week was a sort of recap/catch up and I learnt a lot from it, the stuff I picked up should also improve my future 3D models. The final outcome of the week was a street scene.

Total Tris: 2,581

I got to retry making a telephone box, but this time with an interior plus many other things. I found creating the small details in the rubbish very rewarding, and seeing it all pieced together is worth some of the stress of 3DS Max. I did add my tree and building into the final scene too.

My Transit Van has a few mistakes that I've seen thanks to the workshop, like my polygon flow, there are sections of the Van that are really messy. I tried to fix it as best I could with what resources I had left but I had already spent too much time on it to simply scrap it and start again. I felt this was definitely a lesson learned and move on situation, along with a few other things. Despite this I do like my final van, it looks like a Transit and I think I have captured some nice details within the 5,000 tri budget.

Below I've added the transit into the street scene and also added the 3D viewer so you can explore both!





No comments:

Post a Comment